COVID 19 UPDATES
Yes We’re Open!
First United Methodist Church Reopening Procedures as of May 11, 2020
Thank you for your patience, prayers, and support during these past weeks. We look forward to seeing you in worship as soon as you are comfortable attending. Because of the restrictions imposed upon us from the state regarding crowd size, we will taking measures to limit attendance in each service, while adding multiple worship services to accommodate those who wish to attend. If you feel unsure as to whether you are safe to go out in public, we ask you to remain in your home and take advantage of our online worship options. Our services will continue to be streamed indefinitely. We want you here, but we want you well. We will revisit these procedures at least weekly, or as conditions change.
Regarding Worship Services
1. In-person worship services have resumed.
2. We will offer four services each week: 9:00 Contemporary, 9:00 Traditional, 11:00 Contemporary, and 11:00 Traditional.
3. Persons who wish to attend these services must pre-register to book available seats. You will be asked some screening questions prior to your confirmation.
4. Persons without a reservation will be asked to wait until registered persons are seated, and will then be seated if space is available.
5. Children’s church will be available during worship. Pre-registration is required.
6. No nursery will be available.
7. We will not serve food or drink.
8. Sunday school classes will not meet on the campus.
9. All persons will be screened with a touchless thermometer prior to entry.
Regarding Celebrate Recovery
1. Large group worship meeting has resumed.
2. Persons who wish to attend these services must pre-register to book available seats. You will be asked some screening questions prior to your confirmation.
3. Persons without a reservation will be asked to wait until registered persons are checked in, and will be admitted if space is available.
4. No nursery will be available.
5. Small groups will meet. CR leadership will notify participants if a particular group is unable to meet.
6. We will not serve food or drink.
7. All persons will be screened with a touchless thermometer prior to entry.
1. Children’s Church has resumed. We will meet in the Youth Building to accommodate more students.
2. Registrations for VBS are now open.
Regarding Youth Ministry
1.Sunday and Wednesday meetings from 6-7. Locations will be announced on social media or the remind app.
2. Youth Week will be held on July 19th -22nd. Registrations are now open. Youth Week will be held at Bates Memorial Stadium.
Regarding Mom’s Day Out
1. There will be no summer camp this year.
2. Registration for the Fall semester is open. Call the office or register online at
Regarding Small Groups and Teams in the Church
1. We have limited spacing available. Call the office to inquire about booking.
Regarding the Family Life Center/Exercise Classes