• Worship services will be available each Sunday morning online only. You may view those at any time once they are posted. If you are unable to view them, we might be able to provide you a DVD of the service.
• All normal weekly activities are suspended, due to the guidance against groups of 10 or more meeting. As those numbers increase, we will begin to allow activities within the acceptable range.
• Access to the Family Life Center for individuals and classes larger than 10 is restricted. Your key fobs do not work at this time, and will not work until this restriction is lifted.
• Sunday school classes and Bible studies will not meet on campus.
• Children’s and youth activities will not meet on campus.
• All private functions and rentals have been suspended.
***Funeral Policy During the Emergency Declaration***
First United Methodist Church will make every attempt to follow the CDC guidelines regarding crowd sizes and social distancing. Our local funeral homes are asking families to have family-only graveside services. They are also offering memorial services at a later date. We will observe the same practice here. If we are asked to host a funeral:
We will not have a visitation on our campus
We will not host a funeral meal on our campus
If we absolutely must host a funeral, we will allow only close family and friends of the deceased in our sanctuary, with no more than ten persons per seating section, accommodating up to 70 persons.
We ask for your cooperation during this time. We understand that our current situation will only add to the grief that a family experiences, and we will do our best to serve them as best we can. Please do not make any promises on behalf of the church, or attempt to pressure our clergy to make exception to this policy.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this terrible season. As we said from the beginning, we want to be a part of the solution, and not exacerbate the problem. You are very important to us, and we will continue to serve you as we all work through this together.